Friday, May 16, 2008

Please Tell Me

I'd like to know how I'm suppose to fly from KS to GA with two kids by myself. Does anyone know? We have all been looking forward to our upcoming trip to see my husband. I have missed him (even though I don't always say it or show it) a whole lot, and I know the kids have too. Genevieve is always asking for her Daddy, and she always wants to see him. We have been very lucky this go around for him to have a laptop with a camera. We use a program, and we can video chat with him. Every morning Genevieve asks if she can see her Daddy. I tell her that we will see him on the computer, but that we have to wait to see Daddy in person. I have explained to her that she will see her Daddy after we get on a big airplane and fly to meet him. So now every morning it is "Go see Daddy in plane?"

Anyway, my big fear is how am I going to actually get them there alone. I know I will have to conquer my fear because we will soon be headed to Germany. I imagine there will be a trip or two without help. Those trips are much longer than the 2 hour non-stop flight I'm about to take. I guess we can just call this practice. I have been trying to think of things to get for Genevieve to keep her busy. I got her some snacks, a color book, and one of those doodle pads that you can erase and start over. I think we might be okay. That's not the only thing I'm worried about.

Since 9/11 the security measures have been stepped up. It doesn't bother me. I'm totally fine with taking off my shoes, having bags searched, etc. I arrive in enough time to do all this, and I have no issues not packing certain things. However, I don't think Genevieve understands. My baby girl is a total shoe nut. She even likes to sleep in shoes. I don't let her, but occasionally I find her in bed in the morning with shoes on. This might pose a slight problem when it comes to airport security. I'm sure she is going to throw a fit when the time comes to remove her beloved shoes of the day. Then there is the issue of LoveyPablo as she has dubbed the two animals she carries into one name. I'm sure she will not want to give them up to run them through the x-ray machine. So the question then becomes....Will they allow my 2 year old to go on the belt through the x-ray machine? :p

Anyway, I'm open to tips, advice, and anything else you might have to offer on getting two kids from one place to another alone :) Anyone have some great words of wisdom for me? Please share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a Mom of five great kids my advice to you would be to just relax and enjoy this time with your kids.My kids range in age from 15 years to 5 years.Before you know it you'll be teaching your baby to drive as I'am.Just make sure you bring plenty of snacks,drinks,coloring books,books,diapers,wipes.They grow up so fast.I know if I'm stressed the kids become stressed also.I hope you enjoy your trip.