Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother Daughter Banquet






This past week was our church's annual Mother Daughter Banquet. Being that we were here, we all got dressed up and headed to church. A very lovely woman, Ms. Betty, had called about a week before and asked if we had plans yet. I told her we had planned to go, but we hadn't got our tickets yet. She then let me know not to worry, and she'd see us there. She wanted us to be her guests.

I had been to one of the Mother Daughter Banquets here before. Last time I attended one I had just found out I was pregnant with Genevieve. We hadn't told anyone (except a couple of people) because my husband was away when I found out, and we wanted to wait to tell everyone together.

We all had a great dinner and then there was a program. We sat by Ms. Betty's sister and one of Genevieve's friends. Genevieve and Kristina have become friends since we have moved here. Both of them are in the nursery a lot together, and they even go to the same school. They had fun at the banquet, and I even caught them in a hug. When Genevieve hugged her, I heard Kristina say, "I really like you."

I'm glad to see my little girl making some friends and becoming a little girl.

No comments: