Monday, May 19, 2008

The Day of Days

So, as you can now see, I am alive. The trip went as good as I could have expected. When we got to the airport in KS, I asked if I could get some help back to my gate. My Mom and Dad were there to help me get my stuff in. The lady at the desk said that one of them could get a Gate Pass and assist me back to the gate with the kids. I asked about on the return trip if someone could meet me back there. Sure enough, my Mom can meet me at the gate to help me out. Co I called Aaron and let him know to check and see if he could meet me at the gate too. He didn't have enough info to get a pass, so he just had to wait for me in arrivals.

We made it on to the plane and Genevieve seemed to be okay. She was kind of nervous, but she sat down and buckled up like a big girl. I explained that when everyone got on, we'd start moving and take off and go up in the clouds. She did very well in take off and was excited to see the town get smaller and see the clouds at eye level. She really did well until the end of the flight when she had to buckle up, put the tray up, and not move around.

When we got to GA, I was sure the worst was behind us. YEAH RIGHT! I couldn't find anyone to help me through to baggage, and it took me over an hour to walk from the gate to baggage. The first time I noticed there was a sign that said how far it was, we were 5000 ft away. We made it though, and we will defiantly look into what else is available for me to use to get to the gate.

I thank everyone for their prayers and my cousin for the late night call and text message. It really helped a lot. This trip could have went so much worse, and I just hope that in two weeks, it goes just as easy. First trip to GA, next to Germany.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm so glad you survived! James is flying today and I reminded him that when he feels irritated to just think of you and thank his lucky stars. :)