Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No Nap = Cranky Daughter

Every day I have an OB appointment it makes for a long day. We live an hour (one way) from the doctor's office. This month's appointment was made for late afternoon. By the time I have to start driving to get there, it is nap time. Genevieve doesn't usually nap well in the car. She didn't on the way down, so the appointment went well, but she was very cranky. She did nap on the way back, but once you get her out of the car, any hope for the nap going on is over.

My appointment went well. I am measuring about 2 weeks further along than I am. Several months ago I would have been excited at that news. My husband found out he will need to be at school and will be gone until 5 days before I am due. So it is my job now to keep this baby put until he is home. She did say that because the baby seems to be moving to head down that could have thrown off the measurements. The heart rate is 145, and everything looks good.

I did find out though because I now have a thyroid issues, I am considered a moderate risk. They said that because everything has gone well thus far they aren't too worried, but that they still need to be sure. Starting on my next visit I will now have to go through stress tests. I will have 1 a week for 2 to 3 weeks, and then it will move to 2 a week. I guess it is no big deal. They are just going to hook me up to monitors and see what the baby does. If there isn't much movement or they are wondering about anything, they will do an ultrasound to make sure all is well. I just have to find someone to watch Genevieve now while I go do these tests. Fun stuff.

Speaking of Genevieve, I hear her going nuts in her bed. I better go and make sure she isn't tearing the place up :)

No comments: