Thursday, October 25, 2007

Are days getting longer?

I know that technically that the days are getting shorter. As that wonderful time (daylight savings) comes, I am sad that it was moved back further in the year. I don't know why I like it so much, but that one night where I get an extra hour is worth it all. I don't feel the same about the spring, but we aren't at that time of year are we?! :p

I feel as though no matter how much sleep I can get in a day that I just can't get enough. I long for just a few child free days so I can sleep all day and stay in my jammies if I want to. We are going out of town this weekend, and we are not taking Genevieve. Every year there is a Recruiter training (ATC) and that is my hubby and I's time away. We leave Genevieve with my parents, and we are just alone for those 2 days. We are very busy, but just that we are alone and only think of us is nice. I have stuff going on, so I know I won't get any more sleep than I do at home, but the thought is nice. Maybe it will be just enough to give me a breather and help me feel refreshed.

If you would have asked me 3 years ago if being a stay at home mom (SAHM) was hard, I would have laughed. I wanted to be a SAHM because I thought that was the easier of the two choices (home and work). I have never found a line of work that I am just in love with and want to make a career out of. Maybe that really has the most to do with it. After being a SAHM with Genevieve for almost 2 years I'd say it is the hardest job I've done in my life. I feel as though I can't get anything done on some days, and I crave the idea of work more and more. I know that I don't really WANT to go back to work. I feel as though my place is home with my child and soon to be children. I feel as though it has made me more attached to Genevieve. It took all I had to leave her the first time for more than a few hours. I cried and I called home about every 10 mins just to check on her. However, is being attached to your lovely child a bad thing? I have learned to let go more, and it isn't as hard anymore. I know she is safe, taken care of, and probably having a good 'ol time.

I guess just looking back on the last two years of being a mom, I realize just how much I have been blessed. I have a wonderful, demanding daughter, a very loving husband who puts up with me, and a family (all of my family) that loves and supports me. Even though life seems so short with being so tired, I can look back and count all my blessings I have been given. It's amazing how reflecting on a day that was horrible can make you realize how really wonderful your life is.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The days between your posts are getting longer. Step it up woman, I'm waiting for some updates.