Sunday, October 14, 2007

First Timer

So, as I sit her getting ready to type out my first blog, my world is calm. The weather is awesome, my dogs are quiet, Genevieve is eating a snack quietly, and everything seems to be calm. I am thinking to myself how long will this actually last? And it ends. Genevieve is now throwing her Little People animals at Annabelle (one of our dogs), and a few are zooming past Annabelle and and getting me. The squealing starts and the dog is on the move. And just as quickly as it begun, it has ended. She is back to quiet, and all is right in the world for now. I have a camel, tiger, flamingo, and lion in my lap, but I guess that is better than potatoes in my hair or food all over the walls.

When I think about how crazy life is with Genevieve I wonder why we even thought to have another baby. I know the answers, but I often wonder. I wonder the same things about my life in general a lot. It's like getting on that crazy roller coaster that you hate, but just can't stay away from. You get in line and wonder why you are there. You look at it and say you are just going to walk through and not ride. You watch it time and time again and know that you just don't think you can do it. But then something happens when it gets to your turn. You have thought all these things, but you are now ready to ride. You get on and even though you think you might pee your pants, you still decide to ride. As the hills and turns come you think you are about to die, and you scream like you never knew you could. However, when the ride comes to an end, you know you had a great time, and you can't wait to do it again. You get back in line at a new roller coaster and the process starts all over again. I guess this is what makes them so exciting. Even though it may not be the best way to describe my life, this is how it often feels.

I had better wrap this up right now because I see that things are about to get crazy. Not just in the house, but a bad thunderstorm is about to hit town. I hear the thunder, and on the local channels they are talking about sever weather and tornadoes. Who ever heard of a tornado in mid October?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yea -- welcome to Blogger. Prepare to be stalked! :)