Monday, February 9, 2009

Sorry

So I realize I have been MIA for a long time. It has been crazy around here. My husband just got home from "Army School" (as Genevieve called it) after being gone for a month. During that month I was so tired from being a single parent, that I just didn't have much left to blog at the end of the night. Now that he's home, I seem to feel like I'm resting better. I go to bed much earlier too. :)

I finally got my Wii Fit. I couldn't find one here to save my life. It seemed like if I'd go in, the last one was on its way out at that time. Then they can't ever tell you when they will get them back because they honestly don't know (gotta love AAFES). I decided a few weeks ago to try and pre-order one online from Game Stop. I signed up only a day before the shipment was due to arrive, and it was on a first come first serve basis. I knew I wouldn't get it. I figured I'd try though. After a couple of days, they posted a new date. I decided to leave my name on the list and see if I were lucky this time. SCORE! I was notified that I had one being shipped to me.

I wasn't expecting it until next week actually. Sometimes the mail is slow here, and it takes extra time if you don't ship priority. I didn't know how they shipped it, so I was expecting the worst. To my surprise the Power Zone had them in stock. I didn't actually go in and see them, but I saw a lady walking out with one. I was so mad. I knew something like that would happen. The next day I was out with a friend for lunch, and we decided to head over and see if she could get one. No dice.

On Friday I had to go check the mail. I hadn't checked it for a week (we don't get much, so we don't have to check it every day). I dropped my hubby off at the door and the kids and I went around the parking lot until he came out. I was so excited to see that my box had arrived! We came home, set it up, and waited for the kids to go to bed.

I have to say this thing is a lot of fun. I have played it a bit now, and I really have liked everything so far. I totally need to do some other things, but I'm glad we got it, and I am glad it is so much fun. My husband laughs at me when I do the step game. He says I have not rhythm, and I'm funny to watch. I really like doing the hula hoop game, but my knees pop as I'm twirling the hoops, and he thinks it sounds painful. Today Genevieve and I went on the short two player run. I was surprised that she actually got the concept and did pretty good at keeping up.

So my review of the Wii Fit...4 stars! I'd give it 5, but the weight feature is broken. It says I'm not loosing weight :p If you have a Wii and you can find the Wii Fit, you should try it out. It is a lot of fun.

No comments: