Saturday, February 14, 2009

Executive Chef...My Husband

Last week I got a very big surprise. My husband came in one day for lunch and said, "I think I want to start cooking dinner." All I asked was why. He then let me know that he kind of missed it, and he'd like to cook some. I didn't have to hear anymore, and I handed over the duty to him. We went through a Rachel Ray cookbook and came up with a few menu ideas.

I have to say that the meals have been amazing! The first night he made Rosemary and Garlic Chicken with Lemon Butter Broccoli. The next night it was a steak dish with some awesome BLT (Bacon, Leeks, and Tomatoes) smashed potatoes. Tonight we had a really great stoup.

I am so very thankful that he has taken this on. I have begun to not care for cooking because I feel like I have run out of ideas. Now I don't even have to think about it. He comes in and takes care of it all. It wasn't intended as a gift or anything, but I will take it as one :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are officially the luckiest woman I know right now.