Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sad but NOT Discouraged

After I didn't get a call for call backs or by bedtime tonight, I had realized that I probably didn't get a part in the Sound of Music. I had started to deal with it already, but I was still holding out a little bit of hope. I just got an email from the director that I did not get a part in the show. Even though I was expecting that, I still had a few tears in my eyes. It is very hard to hear that you aren't good enough. There were a lot of people that auditioned, and I did the very best I could. That is all I can ask for. For that, I have no regrets. I would have regretted it a lot if I hadn't gone in that night and at least tried. For the courage I had, I thank all my friends and family for encouraging me to give it a shot.

Like my title says, I am sad about this show, but I'm not discouraged. I have already (in the short amount of time since the email came) contacted the director back. I asked for feedback on how to improve my skills in auditions. I also then let him know that I actually do have a degree in the Tech area, and I would be more than happy to help out with the show that way. I know that once they get to know me and the way I work on shows, they will hopefully give me more than a glace at the next audition.

Anyway, I wanted to do a quick update for everyone who was wishing me well. I thank all of you. I know if it wouldn't have been for everyone encouraging me and sending all the good luck, I wouldn't have even got out of the van. I might not have even gone. It really was a big leap, and you all helped me take it. So, now it is off to bed, and I will wake up with a new outlook on what I will do for the show. The show will go on...I'll just help with the stuff that makes it look pretty. :)

No comments: