Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holy Wind

So the last few days I've been able to sit down about 1pm and just watch a little TV. I have enjoyed the down time, and it gives me a chance to watch a little news from the US. I commented in a survey in Facebook that even though I know that everything going on in the US effects us still, being over here it doesn't seem like it. I know we live overseas, but I don't really feel like we are doing anything different. It seems so much like "home" here, that I don't really feel any of the things that I might if we were in the states. I see all the struggles with jobs, money, banks, and I just don't feel any of it. I am very lucky that my husband has a job that for now is secure. We don't see them downsizing any time soon, and he's contracted for almost 4 more years. I thank God every day that we are in the place we are and are doing fine.

Anyway, where this is going is that I have been trying to watch more news thinking that will really help bring me home. Good Morning America is on at that hour, so that is usually what I watch. We don't have much of a selection here as far as different news programs and such. It's either what they have on or nothing. One of the things I like about GMA is that they show the weather a LOT. When everyone else is watching their local weather, they just show a map of the US with the highs for the day there. I have noticed how warm it is there recently. I couldn't believe it when today it showed that in Kansas, there was a high of 70?! I was just talking with a friend in Oklahoma who is having some really sever weather. Really?! Tornadoes in Feb? That's crazy. It was warmer in Kansas today than it was in Phenoix.

I just wish we could have some of that. You may have seen in the news there (I am not sure if they showed it or not) that a week ago or so there were some really high winds in Spain and France. They were said to be over 100 mph gusts. There was a school in Spain that the roof fell in, and it killed some children. In France, it turned over several trucks on the road. Today was our day. The wind was really bad here. We usually never have wind, so it was a shocker. I haven't heard of anything going on because of it, so that is good.

Here's hoping that tomorrow will be warmer and without wind. I know we are suppose to get rain, but that doesn't really bother me too much.

No comments: