Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Christmas Time


I guess you could say it's Christmas time here. We usually don't put up a big tree (the last time was right after Genevieve was born 3 years ago), and it usually isn't this early. However, it made sense to put one up earlier this year because we were putting our stuff away anyway.

We spent the good part of the 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving getting things put up. We unloaded all the boxes, and we had to find a place for everything. Genevieve's birthday party was that Sunday, and we had company coming over. They knew we had just got our boxes, but there was still something about having it all around that made us want to get everything done. So we worked our tails off, and got it done. While doing all that, we came across the tree. So we put it up too. I'm glad it's out of the way, and we have enjoyed it being up. I was really worried about the kids messing with it, but they have done really good about not touching it.

Now the big task at hand is to get our Christmas letters out. We have the paper, and everything ready to go. I need to get the printer up and going so I can get them printed. As it is, they still might not make it across the ocean in time. If you are on my list, and you don't get them in time, I'm very sorry :) With everything going on, it's just been a hard few weeks.

No comments: