Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Lil Man

This was my favorite picture taken of the day. Samuel had just crushed his cake to little bits, and rubbed it all over the table. As you can see from his face, he is very proud of himself. He did a good job at making sure it was all over his area of the table. As you might could guess, he needed a bath after this was all said and done.

As the day has gone on, I found myself thinking back to where I was a year ago. A year ago I was in the hospital and in a lot of pain (until the most wonderful man in the world arrived and gave me the drugs I was wanting). I remember that day well. The night before was a long one. I was up a lot of the night having contractions and as the night went on, it turned to being sick. I couldn't keep anything down that whole day, and when I went to the hospital, they wouldn't give me anything. The night before I was suppose to be induced, but the hospital was so full, they couldn't do it.

I remember a lot of the night. I remember my parents being there. I remember Genevieve and my in-laws coming in the early afternoon to see me. I remember singing the BC Clark's Anniversary Sale jingle (if you have lived or visited Oklahoma around Christmas time, you know what I'm talking about). I remember when my doctor got there she asked if we wanted to do it again next year because she'd be happy to. We informed her no, we didn't want to do it next year, and we wouldn't be around.

At 10:01 pm, Samuel James arrived in the world. He was 8 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long. He's be a joy and blessing every day of his life. I thank God every day for the children gave to me. They may not let me get much sleep, whine like crazy, and drive me crazy, but I love them. I just can't believe it's been a year already. Show's how fast time really does go.



Samuel a day old


Just born


One year later...ready to eat

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, how time flies!
happy birthdat, big guy!