Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!


As I am sitting down to type this, I can't believe another year has come and gone. Last year we didn't really have a birthday for Genevieve. My husband and I feel bad about it, but it just didn't happen. We were going to do one later, but life came and plans never got made. This year we wanted to do it right. So we set upon the task of doing so.

We had to start with getting boxes unpacked, stuff put away, and things looking nice. We invited another family over, and we knew they knew we had just got our stuff, but we still wanted things to look nice. They need to get done anyway, so now was a good time to get on the ball. We spent Wednesday through today getting these things done. We have been shopping (buying storage, decorative, and other things), cleaning, unpacking, etc. We have got just about everything done. We just have our catch all in our room to deal with and laundry.

We got all that done, and we decorated. We sang Happy Birthday as good as we could, ate some cake, and opened gifts. She got a lot of cute things. Our friends that came over got her a Barbie and a Dora puzzle. She will have a blast with both of those. My husband and I got her a few things too. She got a Sleeping Beauty Barbie with a charm bracelet, a dancing June doll, and a Washer. About a month ago I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, and she had told me she wanted a washing machine. So we got it :p

After a bit of playing, our friends had to leave, and we went to dinner. After dinner was over, we came home and got them ready for bed. I think Genevieve had a great day, and I'm so glad she had fun with her friends.

Happy Birthday Genevieve! I love you so very much. You are a joy and a blessing in our lives.

No comments: