Sunday, December 7, 2008

One More Day

So the time has come. About 2 months ago we booked my In-law's plane tickets for their visit. They knew that they wanted to come see us for the holiday season. When we booked the tickets, it seemed so far away. Now the time has come. I called them about 45 mins ago, and they were headed to the airport. They will arrive here early tomorrow morning (our time).

Until recently, my husband was a re-enlistment NCO. He had a great schedule where he could pretty much dictate his schedule. If he needed some time off to take care of a few things, he could take it (as long as his numbers were doing good). He was recently "fired" (it's a good thing), and he moved into a job doing his REAL job. The hours are still great compared to what we are use to, but there isn't as much flexibility. He was going to be able to get off still, but a PT test was scheduled for him, and he can't get out of it. So needless to say, the kids and I will travel to the airport tomorrow to get his parents...alone.

The idea of me doing this all alone scares the snot out of me. I have been to new airports before. I have parked and picked people up in new airports before. However, I have never done this in an international setting. I think (at least my GPS shows) that it is a straight shot from here to there, so I hope that things are pretty easy to deal with. We have a plan in place, and that helps to ease my mind. However, I still worry about it. I wonder if I will get any sleep tonight?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can do it!! It'll all be fine! the airports are the best places for foreigners, cause almost always you can find someone who speaks English!! (Even in Delhi India!) It's nerve wracking though for sure the first few times.