Saturday, November 22, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


This morning was a lazy one. I tried to sleep in as late as I could, and we actually made it to about 9 am. We knew we would make "cake cakes" (pancakes) this morning, and we just took our time getting around. After we had got started with breakfast, I opened the curtains to reveal the fresh blanket of snow on the ground. We leave a few windows open at all times, and I thought it sounded like there were a lot of kids outside. That explained it.

This is our first snow here in Germany. I don't really care for snow much. I am one of those people who thing Christmas is just the same with or without it being white. I don't want to deal with all the crazy people and things that happen when it snow. I am just not a fan. It was very pretty to see it, and the mountains were very pretty with snow on them. I just hope it isn't something that sticks around for long, and that it doesn't come around a lot. Once and awhile is fine.

That being said, with it being cold, it is the perfect excuse for a nice warm pot of chili and a glass of whine. We still have a bit to do with our place. We are going to haul a bunch of stuff down to storage tonight. That will help to make us feel like we are getting somewhere. We found a couple of rugs on sale at Poco today. They were only 20 Euro each. It was a really good deal.

Other than that, it was more of the same today. Tomorrow will be more boxes. So fun...yeah right.

No comments: