Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Road Trip, Lost Luggage, and Down Pours

This past week I have been MIA from the blog world. My baby sister got married this past weekend in Nashville. I drove the kids up last weekend to Mom and Dad's house so we could drive with them up. Things didn't work out with my husband's leave, so we couldn't drive out together. It was a long 12 hour trip with a hotel stay in the middle. Overall things went well, and we made it in one piece. We did have to listen to Little Einsteins about a billion times, but whatever keeps Genevieve happy right?!

Mid week, my husband joined us. He flew in on Wednesday night. That day was pretty laid back. My Mom and I headed out to find a vase and an outfit for Samuel. We did find both. We headed back to Sarah's apartment just in time to load up and head to the hotel where she would be married. OH! And let me tell you about the crazy weather that day. I guess there was suppose to be very heavy rain that day off and on. The day started off really cold. It did rain that day, but the rain came down as SNOW. It was really odd. It would be like a blizzard out and two seconds later, it would be sunny.

Anyway, my husband's plane arrived about an hour late. Not only did it arrive an hour late, but also it arrived one bag short. He had no clothes when getting off the plane. We turned it in, and they said when it showed up, they would bring it to our hotel. That night came and went with no bag. We got up, and he just put on his same clothes to go to breakfast. We were talking about going to Target to get him some clothes, but something told me to check the front desk. It was there. The first thing after breakfast, he got a shower, and changed his clothes.

Saturday my sister was married. It was a beautiful service, and she was amazing. I can't believe my baby sister is married now. She is now on her honeymoon, and I wish I were with her. She is a joy to be around, and I love her very much.

We came home yesterday, and the trip home was hard. We hit really hard rain. I HATE rain. I can drive in snow, ice, wind, but rain is the worst for me. It was a long and hard trip when it hit. The rain hit us as we came in Oklahoma. We found out this morning that there were 3 tornadoes around our area last night. I'm sure glad we weren't home.

Overall, last week was a great week. I am going to add a couple of pictures. These were taken of Genevieve before our camera died. We were riding the carousal at the mall in Nashville. She was having a blast.

No comments: