Monday, March 31, 2008

On the Up and Up

The past week has been crazy. Genevieve had her appointment on Monday. She went to school Tuesday and Thursday. My husband left on Tuesday. Friday afternoon was spent out with my Mom. To top all that off, I was sick the first part of the week.

On Monday in the wee hours (before the sun came up) I woke to find myself feeling sick. I went into the bathroom, and was indeed sick. When coming back in the room, my husband asked me if I felt okay. I told him no I didn't, but no big deal. I went back to sleep and was woken up once again. I went to the bathroom, and again was sick. As I came back into the room, my husband again asked if I felt okay. I again told him no, but there was nothing he could do.

By the the time we woke up to get the kids ready for our trip to Wichita for Genevieve's appointment, I had been to the bathroom about 4 times. The last time back in the room the conversation went pretty much the same, but there was a new question asked. "Hey hun? You aren't pregnant are you?" Let me state right now just in case you are wondering the same...NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. I had the flu. I know it was the flu because not only could I not keep anything down, but I also had a fever, was achy, and many more flu like symptoms. It took me about 2 days, but I got rid of the fever, and as of today, I don't totally feel like I've been hit all over with a baseball bat. Needless to say, it was a LONG day Monday. You know I felt bad because I told my husband to skip our plans of going to Target, lunch, and the Mall. If you know me in person, you know I would never say those things unless it were bad. :)

The kids and I are adjusting to not having my husband around. On Wednesday, Genevieve said she wanted to go see Daddy. I told her we could call him when we got home, but we would have to see him another time. She didn't understand, but I don't know how much a 2 year old could understand. I know she misses him, but she is doing very well. Samuel on the other hand is not. He has started recently where he cries like crazy in the evening. I don't know why, and I don't know what is going on with him. Mom keeps saying she thinks he's trying to cut teeth, but I think he's too young for that still. He is 3 months old, and I think he's going through a growth spurt, but I never remember Genevieve being fussy during that time.

This week is more of the same for us. Genevieve will be headed to school 2 days this week, and we will be trying to work into more of a routine. I will be starting some volunteer work this week. I am going 4 hours a week to answer phones, put packets together, etc for Mom's work. That's what she asks that I do for her putting Genevieve in school two days a week. It's a pretty fair trade.

Okay, I'm off to the shower now. Both kids are quiet, and I have a hot shower calling my name. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You know, he could be cutting teeth. A friend sent a picture of her 4mo old this week with a big ol' bottom tooth. It's never too early. Every baby is different.

Sorry for all the changes... Not fun.