Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spying on My Child

This week is our moving week. We set up movers to come at the end of the week to get our advanced shipment and then at the beginning of the week to get our other household goods. They came out today to look to see how much stuff we have, and they determined they could do it all on Monday and Tuesday. This works out great since everyone (my Dad and my husband's Mom and Dad) is coming to pick up things we no longer want or can't take with us, and to drop off a couple of things that need to go with us. So after the weekend is good. It is a full house with all the boxes, paper, and movers here without the extra people.

Because of all this, my parents took Genevieve home from my sister's wedding. That way she could go to "school" and be out of the way. The daycare she goes to has one of those web cam systems installed. We can log on and see what she is doing any time of the day. For the last couple of days I find myself going to watch her.

I have to say it is very interesting to see your child without you and how they act. I haven't been away from her a whole lot, and I sure haven't seen how she acts when I'm gone. I have been surprised about how well she interacts with others, naps on a cot, how much she just loves to be active. I have seen her share things with others, and I have seen her snatch another kid's cracker when they weren't looking.

Needless to say I have enjoyed spying on my child the last couple of days. It is nice to be able to see her when she is away.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How fun (spying on G, not moving -- that's no fun at all). What's the final word on that? You've not updated me...