Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sixteen More Days....And Counting

At the start of my pregnancy I always said I only had so many days to go, but not counting. I can honestly say that I now have 16 days to go, and I AM counting! As some of you might realize, that it is more than 16 days until my due date. I believe it is more like 22 or 23. At my last appointment, my OB doctor must have really felt sorry for me. She set up an induction date. I will go in late on the 20th, and I will have the baby on the 21st sometime. Induction wasn't my first choice (seeing as I didn't care for it when I was induced with Genevieve), but I don't really care anymore.

As some of you have read, I have been measuring ahead of schedule for awhile now. It ranges from anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks. I am back to a week ahead of schedule. Between that, the two trips (at least) a week to the hospital for NSTs, and my thyroid, my OB said she wanted to go ahead and get my date scheduled.

At my appointment yesterday I was excited to see I haven't gained any weight in 3 weeks! I think the baby has taken up so much room in my belly, that there is no room for food. I just don't feel like eating much these days. Go figure :p I'm still pretty sick too, so I'm sure that doesn't help at all. The nurses are always surprised to see that I'm still taking my anti-nausea meds. They have been a life saver.

I was checked at my last appointment. I am a fingertip dilated, and I haven't effaced or the baby hasn't dropped yet. That is my guess as to why I am measuring ahead. I have a growth scan tomorrow, and they should be able to tell me how much the baby is weighing and if it is on track or not.

Everyone keeps telling me it could be any time now. I am here to tell you...I won't. My mom is taking Genevieve for a week (next week), and I want my time alone. I want to sleep in, and I have things to do. If I am wrong, then so be it, but I don't plan on it. I was right about Genevieve (that I would need to be induced), and I will be right with this one.

So, I am here to let you all know...I HAVE 16 MORE DAYS BEFORE THE BABY WILL BE BORN.

No comments: