Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Going on 10 Days...

Tomorrow will be 10 days since Genevieve left to stay with my mom. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. I had so many hopes and plans for the time alone, and not many of them got accomplished. Go Figure.

The list wasn't a long one. I wanted to really clean and organize the house, get the new baby's room set up, get things planned for when we are at the hospital, and get some rest. I can honestly say the only things that got done were the setting up the baby's room, and me getting some rest. I guess the rest was the whole reason for her to go visit mom in the first place.

I remember talking to my sister the first day she was gone. I told her I hadn't got off the sofa all day, and that I was still wearing my PJs. She started in with how it was good for me, and that I needed to rest. I always hated when people told me that when I was pregnant with Genevieve. I mean I'm pregnant, not broken. Yes I waddle...but I can still get up and do things.

The other day I went to the store to pick up a couple of things. My whole trip got me 1 bag of groceries and one 12 pack of Mt Dew. The lady who bagged them asked if I needed help out. I lifted the bag, and it really wasn't heavy at all. I told her thank you but that I could get it. On my way out the door, another worker looked at me and asked if I wanted help out. I told her that I was fine but thank you. She looked at me like I was nuts. What is so wrong with a pregnant woman taking out 1 bag?!

Anyway, this weekend my husband and I got the baby's room done. It's not like we are doing a lot. We don't have a nursery theme, or really even a room. The room is our office. We are moving the first part of March, so really, there isn't a need for a "room." We did some laundry, folded little baby clothes, put diapers up, and put up the Pack 'n Play. We also finally managed to pack our bags for the hospital. On Wednesday I had a mini freak out because I realized that if I needed to call him and have him meet me with stuff, he'd have no idea what to get. I'd probably end up with 50 pairs of socks and no toothbrush. Needless to say, we are now packed except those small things you have to grab at the very last.

There is a song on a show Genevieve watches. It goes... It's fun fun fun, to run run run...It's fun fun fun, to run run run. Run in a circle now, run in a circle now. Needless to say, I feel like that is what I've been doing. I feel as though I've been running around. I need to get the oil changed in the van, but I just haven't had the time. When am I planning on doing this? Well, I figure between my Mom, Dad, and husband, someone can take it over after the baby is born, and pick it up when it's done. I hope anyway. I was to bake something homemade for our cookie exchange tomorrow at MOPS. What did I bake? A few boxes of Lemon Bars. We are suppose to bring the recipe. I will just let them know they can find it on the cake isle at the store :p

Anyway, tomorrow Genevieve is coming home. It will have been 10 days since she left. Mom told me she loves her, but she is glad to be bringing her home. I guess it is true that no one loves your child like you do. Not even your parents :) I know she's a handful, and I have missed her. I am going to miss sleeping in though. I won't get to tomorrow or Wednesday because of my MOPS group and an overseas screening we have on Wednesday. Maybe with the other grandparents arriving on Wednesday, they will take over for at least a couple of hours so I can get a nap. We can hope right!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on! It's a good thing you had a chance to get a little rest. Just cruising through! I enjoy reading your blog!

Jan from Unique Baby Gear, Baby Room Themes and Nursery Decorating Ideas

Amanda said...

The lemon bars thing -- haha! You and your mom have the same silly sense of humor. I love it!

I hope you get that nap!