Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Movie!?

So, my husband and I haven't been to a real movie at the movie theater in almost 2 years. We don't have anyone to really just take Genevieve and watch her, and we won't take her with us. We have tried movies at home, and she may be interested for about 2 seconds, and then doesn't want anything to do with it. I'm not spending money to have to leave because she didn't want to sit still.

Anyway, my husband and I for this reason have not been to the movie theater for almost 2 years because of this reason. This is how we justify having a big screen TV and a sound system. We can't go to the movies, so we like to watch movies like we are in a theater. It actually works out pretty nice. We can sit on our sofa and not the chairs they have. We can pause to use the bathroom (which I seem to need to do frequently), the snacks we eat don't cost us 20 dollars, and a movie rental is less than the cost of one ticket. We pretty much win every way you look at it...except not seeing movies until they are out on DVD.

Yesterday, I had 2 appointments at the hospital (regular OB and NSTs), and my hubby was off for the day. We decided we'd take the day together and do the appointments, do some holiday shopping for ourselves, and maybe take in a movie.

The OB appointment went well. I don't have to go back in at all unless my NST next Monday shows something that is out of the normal. They just told me to do the NST and show up on Thursday night for my induction. Sounds good to me :) The baby is doing good and has finally dropped some. I am dilated to 1 cm, but still not looking like I'm going to do much. I have a full week next week, so I'm not planning for this baby to come until Thursday. I haven't gained any weight in 12 weeks...which is awesome! I'm not a small girl anyway, so I don't need to gain weight for just cause. The baby is growing well, and I do eat ... all the time :)

We then headed out to a few stores to do some shopping. I needed a few things at WalMart, and my husband wanted a few things too. We got that done, ate some lunch and headed to my NST. That went well too, and everything was hooked up, tested, and done in 45 mins.

After my appointments, we headed into the city to buy a new camera. When Genevieve was born we wanted a camcorder so we could film stuff. We have a digital camera from when we first got married, and it really does take some nice pictures despite being old. However, when we found out that we were having another baby, I thought it might be a good idea to upgrade. Our camera is from the age when 2 mg pixel was awesome. Boy things change a lot :p

If you know my husband, you know he just doesn't "buy" something like that. He spends about a month looking online and finding out anything and everything he can about what he wants to buy. He has spent awhile looking at digital camera on his favorite website Cnet He printed out a lot of different cameras and we went to look at them. One of the salesmen said to us, "I can see you are sure taking a long time to pick something out." I could hear the voice in my husband's head saying, "No Kidding! It's a pretty big thing to just "buy."" He was pretty nice and said that he just wanted to make sure that he was getting what he wanted. I think about 6 other people came up after we did, picked a camera, and checked out, before we bought our camera. Needless to say, the great camera hunt is over, and we have a new one. We love playing around with the color accent, and I will post some pictures soon.

After the trip to Best Buy we decided to finally go to a movie. It was pretty weird being back in a theater. We went to see that new movie with Will Smith, I Am Legend. It was a pretty good movie. It was a lot shorter than I thought it was going to be. That is a good thing though because it meant that I didn't have to leave the movie for a bathroom break. The movie popcorn was good, and it was nice to finally see a "new" movie. However, I think I like seeing movies at home much better :)

No comments: