Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy Birthday!

It was two years ago today that my little girl was born. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. I vividly remember my labor with her. I was induced on November 29. The labor was long. I was in active labor for about 16 hours. I begged for an epidural almost as soon as they broke my water. What can I say?! I'm a wimp!

On November 30, at about 12:15 pm, the nurse said I was complete and ready to push. She then said, you will get to meet your baby hopefully in about an hour. I looked at the clock and told her there was no way I was waiting that long. I would have my baby by 12:30. She looked at me real funny, and she told me she didn't think so, but we could try. At about 12:25 she told me to stop pushing or the doctor wouldn't make it in time. We waited for my OB to show up, and at 12:43 pm, Genevieve entered the world.

She was perfect in every way. We couldn't believe that this little one we had waited on for nine long months was finally here. She was a whooping 8 lbs. 4 oz. She was also 21 inches long. She cried for a bit, but seemed to settle down quickly. She hated her first "bath," and that was a trend that continued until just recently. Now that she can play in the tub and eat the bubbles, it's fun. :p

(The picture to the right is of my husband cutting the cord. My mom took this picture, and she loves it. It is by far the best picture she has ever taken.)

As I have looked back over the last two years, I think of all the things she has done. There have been so many firsts in those two years. Her first bath, first roll over, first time crawling, first step, first time eating solids, first words, first stitches, and many others. She has grown into quite the princess over the short time she's been in the world. God blessed us with a wonderful child named Genevieve. I just wanted to post this blog to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENEVIEVE!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy birthday, baby girl! What a blessing you are...