Sunday, October 26, 2008

Very Late Night Ramble

So it is one of those nights. Before you go on, know that what I'm about to say could, or probably will be a little off or not make sense. How is it different from any other time you ask? Well, it's late...as in almost 1 am late. After reading that, you may wonder why am I still awake at almost 1 am. Well, I'm about to tell you in what I am calling my "Very Late Night Ramble."

It has been a long couple of nights. Samuel just is not sleeping well. He is crying a lot. He will cry forever. I will go in after a bit and pick him up. He gets mad about that. He pushes me away like he wants nothing to do with me. I lay him back down, and he is more mad than when I went in. I just can't win. It is getting old, and I don't know what to do about it.

I guess the thing that really bothers me the most is sharing walls, floor, and ceiling with others. When we lived in Oklahoma, we were in a house. No one was really bothered by our noise. We could walk, run, skip, or hop through our home. We could turn the TV up if we liked. Here it isn't as easy. The people below us can hear us move through the place. We can hear our neighbors upstairs all the time. However, the noise on that level does not bother us much.

I have seen online people asking about babies crying all the time. What should they do, they ask. A lot of people wonder if they need to call the cops or CPS. I always respond with, "you never know what is going on, so maybe a visit to the home." It's that or something like that. Anyway, I feel like I'm that person now. My poor child seems to cry all the time, and I don't know how to fix it. I'm worried that someone is going to get upset by it all. Should it bother me? Probably not, but it does.

So, if you have any solutions or things to try, I'm all ears. I need some sleep again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emily, it's late for me, so this will be fast and maybe not make much sense... I don't remember how old Samuel is, but we've been having issues with Vienna waking up in such a manner (she's 2) and a medical friend of ours just read a report that talks about parents thinking their kids are waking up with nightmares and such but really what it "boil down to" is a calcium deficiency. I have NO IDEA if that's true or not, but I did up Vienna's milk intake and can tell you, we haven't had any more nights like that since (but it's been only about two weeks)... anyway... worth a shot, milk can't hurt unless there are lactose issues... anyway... sorry that it's been a rough time for you... hang in there!
Melissa