Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh How I Miss...

I never thought I'd say it, but I miss TV commercials. There are always some that are funny and that you remember. Here we have AFN (Armed Forces Network), and they show military commercials. They have commercials about fitting in when you travel, what's going on in the military, and things like that.

We went to a Fall Festival this past weekend (when I get something downloaded, I'll fill you in), and they had an area with performers. We were laughing about how they did what they called "MTV Dancing" and how it was nothing like MTV. After the girls did their thing, they started to play techno music. It cracked me up and made me think of that commercial that is on in the states right now.

It is an AT&T Commercial and here is a link to it on YouTube. If you don't want to click let me fill you in. It has a guy in a hostel, and his phone didn't pick up the call from his friends. They were calling to tell him that they were getting on the train and headed to Paris. Now he is stuck in the hostel with the Techno Twins. Hints why the techno music made me laugh. (How sad is it that I looked that up on YouTube and wanted to watch it?!)

Anyway, I said to the people we were with that the music reminded me of the cell phone commercial. They had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain the whole thing to them because they just didn't have a clue. It made me sad because I know in not too much more time, that will be me. I don't mind not having normal TV, but if I am going to miss out on the funny world of commercials, I don't know. :p

Speaking of commercials on YouTube, I just found this one. This is another one of my favorites. I think it came out about the time that we bought our van. The whole time we were looking at vans, my husband wasn't too thrilled about driving one. We got one (Nissan Quest) that is not as vanish as most. He says it is a man van. Anyway, when this one came out, we laughed about it a lot.

Needless to say, you guys are going to have to keep me updated on the good commercials out there. Give me links so I can stay up to date in the world of normal TV.

No comments: