Friday, September 19, 2008

God Provides

I have always know that God provides what we desire and need. It has happened so many times in my life. I have seen God provide for my family when I was a young child, and I have seen it in my life as an adult. When we moved to Oklahoma we were really having a hard time finding a place to rent. Once we did, and we had everything settled, we had an issue with the Army and if they would continue to pay our housing the way they were for us. There were a lot of prayers in that time, and it did work out that we were able to stay until we moved.

I have once again been blessed by being provided for. Sometimes it comes in weird ways and sometimes what one may think is a blessing may seem weird to someone else. Keep that in mind as you read on because this very well may be one of those times. You see I am one of those weird people who cloth diaper my kids. I did with Genevieve from about 9 months and I did with Samuel when he was a newborn. I haven’t for awhile because he outgrew his diapers I had, and I needed to get some more. I didn’t want to buy any at the time because of moving and not knowing what we’d end up in overseas. I mean I like to use cloth, but I wasn’t going to if I didn’t have my own washer and dryer.

Anyway, we were all with my husband on his first day of inprocessing. One of our stops was to the ACS (Army Community Services). We ran by there right after lunch because it was easy to get to, and we could do that and then leave me with the kids downstairs for them to rest. They were telling us all about their services and things they provide. I asked them about some baby items I needed, and she informed me that you could not use American monitors because of a frequency issue. I asked if there was a place to get them, and she told me we’d have to go over to the next post about 20 mins away. She said she couldn’t give good directions, but a lady behind me said she knew how to. I thanked her and told her there was no way we could get over there right now. I finished up with ACS, and then we were headed to the lending closet next to it. As we were leaving, the lady behind us asked me if I used cloth diapers. I let her know that I did, but not at the moment because I didn’t have any, and we had just moved here. She then told me she had a bag full that the Thrift Store would not take and if I wanted them, I could have them.

Without getting any details except size, I told her I’d take them. I asked her if she wanted something for them, and she let me know they were all new and she just wanted someone who would enjoy using them. I thanked her many times, and took the bag. When I got out to the sitting area I opened it up. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Not only were they new diapers, they were the diaper I enjoy using the most! Now, they are a size Small, and I’m not sure how long Samuel will be in them, but what a blessing to get them!


When getting the diapers out and put together, I found that there were 18 Fuzzi Bunz Diapers, 18 inserts, 18 Hemp inserts, 18 prefold diapers, 2 snappis, and 5 covers.

I don’t even know the lady’s name, but I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart. So many things just had to fall into place for that to happen. If we would have gone by ACS in the morning we would have missed her. If we would have went by later, we would have missed her. The lady at the desk said that they wouldn’t have been able to take them, so if our paths wouldn’t have crossed, we wouldn’t have the diapers now. I hope someday I can bless someone like God and this lady have blessed me.

No comments: