Monday, September 22, 2008

So the World Just Got ...

So today the world just got a little brighter. Some of you may remember a blog I did talking about things I'd miss when I moved to Germany. I remember two of the things I said I'd miss were Sonic and General Hospital. Well there is no Sonic here, so you guessed it...I found General Hospital on TV AND it's in English! When I saw it I started to do the happy dance. Just one more piece of home that is around. It even comes on at the same time that it did back home. I think it is a few days behind, but I'm so lost now so it doesn't really matter.

Other things that make life a little better...We finally have settled into our place here. We have hit a routine, and we are at "home" here. It's nice to be a family and to have things set to the way they will be for awhile. Things have been put away, and we are doing day to day as a family. We don't have our personal stuff, but we have a TV, pots and pans, and furniture. Those little things that make life nice.

I realized today we have been in Germany for 12 days now. Some days seem like so much longer, and others seem like no time has passed. I can't say I want to repeat the plane trip again anytime soon, but for the most part the process hasn't been too bad. I can't wait to get our van so we can really get out and see things. As I do, I'll be posting.

So here is to an uneventful week and lots of good times. I hope everyone has a good one, and I hope that we get everything we need to done. I need to get on the ball for my driver's test. My husband took it last week and passed with flying colors. He said you really have to study to pass. Here goes nothing :)

No comments: