Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Samuel's Baptism

A couple of weeks ago, we had Samuel Baptized in church. We had Genevieve Baptized when she was just a month old. When Samuel was born, we were very busy getting ready for our move. We thought about doing it in a small service in Nashville when my sister got married. My husband's parents were not able to attend though, so we just had to wait. We didn't have time before he left for GA, so we did it when he got back. So 2 Sundays ago was the day.

It was a nice part of the service. He did really bad at sleeping the night before. He was a little fussy before, but after he got in Pappy's arms and go wet, he was out. We had a song sung after he was baptized. It is a song that talks about how God claims him, and that we all (parents, grandparents, church family) will help him grow in faith and to know God. It's an adorable song. I heard it when I was in high school. My Dad did a very small, private Baptism. While there, he sang this song to the baby after they did it. Ever since then I always knew I wanted to have that song sung for the kids. I love the song so much I sing it to them when they are fussy, and when we are rocking.

When I think about the promise we make (in Faith) to raise our children as Godly people, it scares me. I wonder if this is yet another thing I'm doomed to fail at. I try and live my life everyday according to what God would want for me, but I am so far from perfect. I'm so far from anything amazing too. I just try to do my best every day, and I hope that is good enough. Some days are better than others, and some days aren't so bad. I just keep growing myself, and I hope that sets an example for my kids.

Here are some pictures of my husband's family and the kids before the service.




No comments: