Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Know I Didn't Raise Him This Way

I know that I did not raise Samuel this way :) He has been getting up at 5 or 5:30 every morning since we came back home. I cannot do anything to get him back to sleep. I have tried moving the bedtime back a bit more to see if that helps, and it doesn't. I'm at a loss. I really dread the mornings even more now. I wish I could find some way to make him sleep just a little later.

Other than that, things are going fine. I biked the kids to school yesterday, and we had a good time with that. Most of the moms walk their kids to school, but it is a bit too far I think for us. Most of them live pretty close. While we live fairly close, we'd still have to leave pretty early to get there and back.

The weather has cooled down for at least a few days. I hope that means our AC will stay caught up when it decides to warm up again. For the first time this morning, our living room/dining room was cooler than 75. That doesn't seem too bad for some, but when the sun is coming in and the concrete walls start to absorb that heat, it gets a little warm.

We are looking at planning a night/day out without the kids again soon. I have been thinking I want to do the Saturday this time. That will give us a lot of time to get downtown and see what is going on down there. We can also look in some of the shops we haven't been able to yet. There are a lot of neat places down there, and I want to get down and see what is going on. I wouldn't mind a currywerst either.

No comments: