Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Big First

So yesterday was a big first in our house. Yesterday was Genevieve's first day of preschool! She goes in the afternoons every day of the week. I was only going to put her in 3 days a week at most, but when they told me the options that were open (2 day in the morning or 5 day in the afternoon), I just went for all week and didn't look back. She was excited to get to use her Dora "Packpack" for school. We usually use that one for travel because of the wheels. Her Auntie Sarah bought it for her right before we moved to Germany, and it has been so handy for travel. When I got the list saying she needed a backpack, we just thought we'd use this one instead of buying a new one. It works out well, and we already know she loves it.

When I dropped her off yesterday, you could tell she was thinking about having to do something new. She looked unsure, but that quickly changed as the teacher pulled out the activities for table time.

It was great getting time alone with Samuel while she was gone yesterday. I got some cleaning done, and I got to watch a show and was not interrupted. It seemed like the few hours went by so quickly though. A few is better than none though.

When I went to pick her up, she was a little sad. The teacher said she had done great. Come to find out, she had hit her head with the shaker in a song, and she was trying to tell me about that. At bed time my husband and I asked her what she learned at school. It was so cute to watch her try to act out all the animals they had learned about. She even tried to be a cactus.

I think she had a great time, and I can't wait for her to get into her routine and really enjoy it.

No comments: