Monday, July 13, 2009

Going High Tech

Probably about 3 or 4 weeks ago I decided that it might be nice to have a PDA. I have had one in the past, but it is really outdated. Shoot, that thing was pretty outdated when I bought it in the first place. I remember using it daily and kept up with it. However, it used AAA batteries instead of the new ones that have a rechargeable one installed. The bulky PDA I could handle. The fact that I lost ALL of my information when the batteries died, I could not. You would have to make sure to sync it before that happened, or you would have to hope you had it written down as a back up. That pretty much sank that PDA after about 10 months of use. I just got tired of it. When I get tired of things, 9 out of 10 times, I just give up on them.

I started looking, and I realized I had no clue what I was looking for. My old PDA was a Palm, so I just started looking there. I found many other brands, but was very hessitant to go with something else. My search took me to our local PX where I realized that NO ONE seems to sale these things anymore. I know it is because everyone who thinks they'd like one get those new high tech phones. I have seen the Blackberry and all those types of phones. I wouldn't mind getting one, and my husband and I even talked about it. After seeing the price of the plans that I'd have to get to use one, I said no thanks. I use a prepaid phone right now, and I don't put very much on it at all. It was cheaper for me to just find a PDA and keep paying for a prepaid phone than to switch to a plan.

Late last week my Palm arrived. I again picked one that I don't think is top of the line. In fact I know it isn't. I didn't want to buy something very expensvie though. I wanted to make the switch and do it without breaking the bank. It is kind of a test run. If it works well, I will probably make the jump when we get back in the states. I have it all set up now and working. I have really enjoyed it.

So I have done it. I am now as high tech as I can be :p I now can carry my whole planner with me in a small little case instead of the big planner I use to have to carry.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I had a Palm Treo (until a certain sweet tea incident -- ahem.) and I now use a Blackberry Curve, but I still carry around my big three-ring, dog chewed planner with papers sticking out all over the place. I'm old school and proud of it. :)

Glad your PDA arrived, though! Enjoy!