Thursday, July 2, 2009

Going, Going, Gone!

So this week has been really crazy. Thank goodness it is almost over. For me the week has seemed to go very quickly, but I'm sure for others it hasn't. Isn't it funny how things like this are all about ones perspective? When I was young, it seemed like time would go so slow. It would seem like time was always dragging. My birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. They all seemed to come and go, and then the time would drag on until the next year. Now it seems like it is flying by. I can't believe that they year is just about half over. Where is the time going?!

The first of the week started with both the kids at the CDC for the afternoon. I spent the first afternoon alone not doing a darn thing. The second one I spent at the grocery store. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but it was nice doing that alone. I had time to stroll at my own pace and really look through my coupon book for the best deals.

Yesterday we took the bike to school. My husband needed the van for the day to take care of a few things. I told him we had no issues with that at all, and we'd be fine. I loaded the kids up on the bike cart, and we took off down the road. We had a good time on the bike. I do fine pulling them, but the hills can be a little rough. I am out of shape so that doesn't help, but it also isn't easy pulling an extra 60 to 70 lbs of weight. I really need to take the bike more often. It really is a nice change of pace.

This morning was spent making an unexpected trip to Frankfurt. My dear friends here had spent the past month in the states visiting home. I was so sad to see them go. We hang out on a regular basis, and we are always talking on the phone. I am glad they got the visit home, but I'm so excited to have them home. We made the trip just fine. It was a nice test run for how things will go when my parents come to visit in a few weeks.

We have a few things planned for the 4 day weekend and the 4th of July. I don't know if we will stay up to watch the fireworks or not. I don't think they are starting to fire them off until 11pm (yes, it doesn't get dark until then). I don't know if the kids will be up for staying up that late or not. I guess we will just have to play it by ear. However, we will still probably go to the festival they are having. They are having street vendor food :) I can't pass up a chance for that.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and 4th of July!

No comments: